Vegas Dos and Don'ts
With a tagline like “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas,” it’s easy to think Sin City has no rules, but following a short list of dos and don’ts will guarantee your Vegas vacation has a story (or two) worth sharing.
Don’t cram all your friends into one standard room.
- Do use MGM Resorts Connections, a new concierge service that offers exclusive perks for small groups that book five or more rooms. Guests are treated to VIP passes at some of The Strip’s hottest spots like Hakkasan Las Vegas and WET REPUBLIC at MGM Grand, as well as tickets to the best shows in town.
- Do use your smartphone to skip the check-in lines and reserve your pool chair at ARIA with its new mobile platform.
skip your workout just because you’re on vacation.
- Do keep your good habits in check. With unique classes like Yoga Among the Dolphins at The Mirage and the Indoor Hike at ARIA, you’ll feel the burn while experiencing another side of Sin City.
spend every night at the club.
- Do visit Delano’s Franklin and Vdara’s VICE VERSA, where the laid back, yet high-energy setting provides the perfect place to enjoy good conversation and eclectic beats while sipping innovative cocktails and shareable plates.
bring home cheesy trinkets you’ll end up throwing away six months later.
- Do invest in a statement accessory from Tom Ford or Stella McCartney. At The Shops at Crystals, one of the world’s largest collections of high-end designers, you’re sure to find something to cherish for years to come.
choose between the spa and pool.
- Do them both at the same time. Indulge in poolside treatments at Sky Pool at ARIA or Delano Beach Club, two of the newest pool scenes on the Las Vegas Strip.
rely solely on buffets to get the most bang for your buck.
be duped into thinking everything is within walking distance on The Strip.
- Do use the complimentary trams located on the west side of Las Vegas Boulevard. With nearly 24/7 transportation from Mandalay Bay to Excalibur, Monte Carlo to Bellagio and The Mirage to Treasure Island, your feet will thank you.